Please enjoy our family's Calimex Tacos!
Chop of the veggies and shred the cheese first!
Cooking the tortillas! Flip them and they will puff up.
Browning the meat.
Add taco seasoning and onions (optional).
Meat is done!!
Set up the tacos and enjoy!
Easy Calimex Tacos
- 1 package Tortillaland Corn Tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and strained
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 2-3 cups Iceburg or Romain lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Salsa or taco sauce, to taste
- Taco seasoning (optional)
- 1 tbsp onion, diced (optional)
- Before you cook anything, chop up the lettuce, dice the onion and tomato, and shred the cheese. Put each in their own serving dishes and set aside under paper towels.
- Put the ground beef in one large non-stick pan on medium-high. Use your wooden spoon or spatula to chop up the ground beef into small pieces. Stir frequently to cook every piece fully.
- This is an optional step, but if you want to add more flavor to your meat, add some taco seasoning and a few diced onions to the cooking meat.
- Get out another non-stick pan for the tortillas and turn the heat to medium.
- The tortillas take about 30-45 seconds on each side. You will know they are done once you flip it and the tortilla starts to puff up like a balloon. Put each cooked tortilla onto a plate and set aside when done with all tortillas (there are also instructions on the package).
- Line a large bowl with paper towels; once the meat is cooked, put it in the paper towel bowl and let it sit there for a second so you drain most of the fat out of the meat. Dab the top of the meat with another paper towel.
- Put the meat back into the pan and brown it a little bit. Maybe 2-3 minutes in the pan on medium heat, but you will see it turn brown.
I would love to know if you try out this recipe, so please let me know in the comments or on Google+.
Thank you for stopping by!